What Is The LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox?
While it may have LEGO in its name as you will see from this LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox review, it’s unlike any LEGO set your child has ever experienced before.
What Can A Child Do With This?
There is just so much to do with the LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox that we are going to break it all down for you. You see there are five different things that can be built with this set.
- Vernie The Robot: Vernie is a robot that your child can build and then bring to life with the LEGO Boost App. Vernie can move all around the house and he can even crack jokes and make wisecracks which are very funny and something your child will never get bored with.
- Frankie The Cat: Frankie is a robot cat and he gives you all the fun of a cat, but without the dead mice and hairballs being left over the house. Once your child has built Frankie, they can use the app to give him a personality where he can be affectionate or he can be a bit of a jerk, how Frankie behaves is up to them!
- M.T.R 4: Now this is awesome and something dad will no doubt want to play with. Think of M.T.R 4 as a Mars rover, except your child will be using it to explore the house. They control this with the app like they would a radio-controlled car. The M.T.R 4 can have different attachments added to it, like one that can shoot projectiles for example! Which can come in handy if dad tries to take over!
- Guitar 400: One thing we were excited to tell you about in this LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox review was the Guitar 4000! Once your child has built this epic futuristic guitar. They can use it to help them get a better understanding of how to play the real guitar as well as make all kinds of funky sound effects.
- Auto Builder: One of the most spectacular aspects of the LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox is the auto builder, this is like something out of a science fiction movie. Once build this works like a mini factory that your child can set up to build small LEGO. This is so awesome and we are sure dad will have a lot of fun with it as well.
All of these creations have sensors, motors, app interactivity, and much more amazing technology to bring them to life!
They Can Use Their Imagination
As with all LEGO Products, building the things they are supposed to with the set is great. They can use their own imagination to come up with all kinds of creations of their own. What is cool about this is that once they do they can then interact with their creations via the LEGO Boost app.
The LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox Is Educational As Well As Fun
As the LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox allows a child to create LEGO structures that have a lot of moving parts. Your child is going to have fun, but they’re also going to be using problem-solving skills, STEM skills, and learning basic engineering skills.
It will also teach them about how gears, motors, and even wheels work together to make something move.
What Kind Of Smart Device Do I Need?
The good news is that this does work on most newer iOS and Android devices, but as of writing this LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox review there is no support for Kindle.
When it comes to iOS devices the following are supported iPad 4th generation, iPad Air, iPad Pro, and iPad Mini 2.
Android devices will require the following minimum specs, 1 GB of ram, Bluetooth 4.1 or higher, a microphone, speaker, 8-inch display or larger, minimum of a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor.
What Is The Recommended Age For the LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox?
LEGO has said that 7 – 12 is the recommended age, but we do feel that the LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox is quite challenging so they may need a little help from mom and dad.
- Offers five different creative possibilities
- Is tons of fun to build and play with
- Will entertain them for hours
- Is a great STEM toy that has lots of educational value
- Teaches a child problem-solving skills and basic engineering skills
- Fun for a child and a parent to play with together
- Batteries are not included
- Older tablets will not work
- It’s one of the more expensive LEGO sets
- Auto Builder may become self-aware and take over the house
The LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox is a fun, exciting, educational, and awesome new way for your child to play with LEGO! This is a LEGO set that is truly exciting and one that will really make their mind think of all kinds of creative ideas.